DitoGear™ Evolution Software & Interface
It’s time to announce the DitoGear™ Evolution software and give you also a big picture of selected plans and developments at DitoGear™.
The reason for undertaking this development is obvious. The OmniController has clear advantages for controlling one axis, but since we introduced the DitoGear™ multi-axis motion control devices range there’s a clear need for more convenient way of controlling all of them.
That’s why we designed Evolution.
Let’s have a look at the system:
- Architecture: DitoGear™ moco devices » Evolution Interface » Evolution Software
- Motors: Servo motors and backward compatibility with Stepper Motors.
Sufficient torque for each of devices (no “Boost” mode needed)
- Compatibility: All DitoGear™ Motion Control Devices
- Application architecture: Native application running on iOS (iPad) and Android 3.x+
DitoGear™ multi axis Evolution Interface features:
- Shutter release control via shutter port on DSLR Cameras (Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic)
- Ad-hoc WiFi connectivity and/or cable (no additional network devices are required)
- USB Connectivity for firmware upgrades
- Ultra high performance CPUs
- Low power consumption
- Application and iPad/Android client is NOT required during program execution and may be disconnected after transferring the the program to the Interface and starting it. However, it may be reconnected for playback monitoring.
DitoGear™ Evolution Software Features (by the end of 2012):
- Extensive, but intuitive multi-room and multi-axis application user interface
- Bezier curves motion modeling, software limits corresponding to hardware performance limits
- Easily editable timeline
- Real time operation mode (any timeline time span)
- Bracketed / multiple exposure function
- Program looping
- Load and Save multiple programs for future use
- Bulb exposure ramping
- Programmable electronic backlash compensation on all axes separately
- Programmable sequence start/stop basing on world time
- Predefined and customizable list of devices, updated via GooglePlay
- Instant built-in application help via item-related tooltips
Software releases schedule:
- Public Beta (Android 3.x+): Around July, 2012
- Public release (Android 3.x+): Around September, 2012
- Public Release (iOS): Around October, 2012
- Frequent updates will be scheduled in 2012 (at least 3 major releases)
- Focus on customers input, additional features based on customers requests
- Software: Free of charge + free updates
- Interface: sub-1K USD mark
- Hardware: No changes to current pricing
Let’s have a look at what’s already done and what’s in plans here.