A few days ago we headed for a short trip to test out the first prototype of the DitoGear PortaSlider which is a new, modular timelapse slider dedicated to entry-level an professional timelapse shooters.
We wanted to check how the concepts worked and gave a hard-testing run to the new product. With a total of 14 one-meter track units and 2 trolley designs to test out we had a lot of fun! This is probably the longest timelapse slider track ever built! The track joints seem to work flawlessly and really precisely even on such long track. The trolley need some refinements and this week we’re going to test out a new, improved design.
Preparing for shots with a 14 meter track takes some time, but it is definitely worth effort giving a whole bunch of new creative shooting possibilities.
- modular track design – 0.5m, 1.0m, 2.0m modules
- controller and user interface integrated with motor and trolley
- continuous and and drive-shoot-drive mode, 2 way w/ shutter control
- auto-stop feature and position-conscious operation
- basic video mode w/optional controller (left, right, speed adjustment)
- horizontal & diagonal operation w/ lightweight cameras
- stepper-motor-based design, high precision
known from current DitoGear™ OmniSlider is retained
- high quality build, all CNC-machined, aluminum weather-proof unit box
- single-encoder, intuitive user interface
Options & Accessories
- Basic version at affordable price
- Optional TrolleyPro Upgrade for improved
performance in realtime and manual operation modes
- Option of connecting the OmniSlider controller
for a full-blown set of features
- Track modules from 0.5 to 2.0m
- 30% Lighter, machined track modules as an option
- Support Feet
- Transport Bag
- Remote video mode controller (left, right, adjust speed)
- Compatible with DitoGear™ OmniSlider Double Camera Adapter Plate
- Compatible with DitoGear™ OmniSlider Power Kit
- Compatible with DitoGear™ OmniSlider Signal cables
- Main Unit (Basic Version): 1900g including base plate,
motor, controller CPU & UI, aluminum cover
- 1.0m track module including end joint adapters
and middle tripod adapter: 3400g
- ~ USD 1200.00 basic 1m kit
- ~ USD 1400.00 basic 2m kit
- ~ USD 385.00 extra 1m track unit
- ~ USD 606.00 extra 2m track unit
- ~ USD 270.00 Trolley Pro Upgrade
- ~ USD 110.00 Support Feet
Shipping starts by May, 1st.
The product will appear in our store shortly, so please keep track on our site.
In case you have any questions or would like to get on the
preorder list please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org